We’re running our successful two-day training in Running Great Workshops again this April!
When? Friday 5 April & Saturday 6 April 2019, 9:30am – 6pm both days.
Where? Edinburgh, venue TBC. Wheelchair accessible.
Training and facilitation skills are key to successful organising, campaigning and movement building.
Join us for this dynamic training designed for experienced facilitators wanting to get fresh insights, new trainers seeking ideas and inspiration, teachers, community organisers, campaigners, activists and anyone wanting to learn more skills in facilitating empowering learning experiences.
What does the training cover?
As a participant you will:
- Understand the key principles of effective workshop design and experiential education methods;
- Develop awareness of yourself and your strengths as a facilitator;
- Acquire new tools to increase your options as a facilitator;
- Have the opportunity to take risks, experiment and refine skills in a safe and supportive environment;
- Gain confidence by receiving feedback from experienced trainers and other participants in a small group setting;
- Learn skills for working with diverse learners.
Feedback from our Autumn 2018 training: “This was a total blockbuster training. I’d recommend it to anyone with an interest in workshops.”
How much does it cost?
We operate a sliding scale for participating in our workshops:
- Individuals from funded organisations, larger charities and NGOs with a training budget: £300
- Individuals from small charities and NGOs with very limited funds: £150
- Waged individuals: £80
- Students and unwaged individuals: £40
If you can afford to pay more it allows us to offer more spaces for those who cannot.
If cost would be prohibitive to your participation, please get in contact to arrange a subsidised or free place. We want our workshops to be accessible to everyone.
How to apply?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any questions and fill in this form to apply for a place: https://goo.gl/forms/TN9FdBhza5FRcATl2
We’ll accept applications on a rolling basis – don’t wait too long as places are limited and this training has always booked out quickly. Once you’ve filled in the form, we’ll get in touch to confirm your place as soon as possible.