We’re running our successful two-day training in Running Great Workshops again in November, this time in Glasgow.
When? Friday 22 & Saturday 23 November 2019, 9:30am – 6pm both days.
Where? Glasgow Autonomous Space (GAS), 53 Kilbirnie St, Glasgow G5 8JD, Glasgow. The venue is wheelchair accessible.
Training and workshop facilitation skills are key to successful organising, campaigning and movement building.
Join us for this dynamic training designed for experienced facilitators wanting to get fresh insights, new trainers seeking ideas and inspiration, teachers, community organisers, campaigners, activists, and anyone wanting to learn more skills in facilitating empowering learning experiences with groups.
What does the training cover?
As a participant you will:
* Develop awareness of yourself and your strengths as a facilitator;
* Have the opportunity to take risks, experiment and refine skills in a safe and supportive environment;
* Understand the key principles of effective workshop design and experiential education methods;
* Acquire new tools to increase your options as a facilitator;
* Gain confidence by receiving feedback from experienced trainers and other participants in a small group setting;
* Learn skills for working with diverse learners.
How much does it cost?
We operate a sliding scale for participating in our workshops:
– Individuals from funded organisations, larger charities and NGOs with a training budget: £300
– Individuals from small charities and NGOs with very limited funds: £150
– Waged individuals: £80
– Students and unwaged individuals: £40
If you can afford to pay more it allows us to offer more spaces for those who cannot. If cost would be prohibitive to your participation, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a subsidised or free place. We want our workshops to be accessible to everyone.
How to apply?
Please email email@example.com to ask any questions and fill in this form to apply for a place: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSs0uQAFLyRKcA2rN30Jxn_riFatiXAZr8s65COmA0tj7-cQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
We accept applications on a rolling basis – don’t wait too long as places are limited and this training has always booked out quickly. Provisional application closing date is the 8th of November 2019. We can accept up to two people from your group or organisation to take part in this training.
Once you’ve filled in the form, we’ll get in touch to inform you whether we are holding a place for you as soon as possible. Your place will be confirmed once we receive payment for the course.
Please spread the word, you can find the Facebook event here.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!