This is an exciting opportunity to join the Tripod collective!
We’re looking for a part-time trainer, facilitator and project coordinator to join our team in May, with a focus on supporting our Climate Justice Movement Building and Organising for Power Programmes. The role also involves a share of the ‘operational’ responsibilities of running a small workers’ cooperative.
We’re looking for someone with experience of organising within a grassroots group, social movement or campaign for structural change, and of facilitating meetings, workshops and trainings. Understanding of systemic oppression and experience of working to dismantle it, is important to us. Please refer to this page for the full job description.
We’re keen for someone to join Tripod for the long-term, if the 8 month probationary period works out for all of us. We want to work with someone who will grab the opportunities presented by working in Tripod for ongoing learning, take initiative and help make the organisation as useful and relevant as possible to the social, racial and ecological justice movements that we support.
If this sounds exciting for you, please click here to get more details about the role and application process.
If you would like to informally discuss the role or your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a phone call.
- Role: Trainer, Facilitator and Project Coordinator
- Contract type: One year, with the aim to convert this into a rolling contract as a permanent staff member (depending on a successful 8-month probationary period and Tripod’s financial position). All staff members are collectively responsible for income generation and our financial sustainability and you will be expected to contribute to this area of work.
- Start date: 12th May 2020
- Pay: £10 per hour or £20,800.00 pro rata (before tax, national insurance and voluntary pension contributions)
- Hours: 2.5-3.5 days a week (subject to negotiation and access requirements)
- Location: Our office is in Edinburgh and you would be expected to be in the office with co-workers a minimum of 2 days per week (unless out on Tripod work). We are open to being flexible for applicants who have access needs or caring responsibilities that require alternative arrangements and we can discuss this if we decide to interview you.
- Interviews: For successful applicants, interviews will be held in Edinburgh on Tuesday 17th March. We can cover travel expenses if required. We will notify applicants we would like to interview by 10th March.
Application deadline: Midnight, 8th March 2020